Tuesday 2 December 2014

Final exam results!

We had our final results today and on the whole, I feel pretty okay about them. Of course, the finals were more difficult than the mid-terms but those hardly covered anything I hadn't previously studied. I have no idea how, but I managed to get better marks than I expected?!

Firstly, reading. Again, we had the one part with our reading teacher to read aloud two of the pieces of text from our reading textbook, which we randomly picked. I got a higher mark than last time, yet at the time, I thought that it wasn't as good as my mid-term results so that was a nice surprise. For that, I got 9.1/10 and the actual reading exam, 82.5 out of 90. It was only actually a couple of mistakes - one just for misreading the question (I thought it was 월요일/Monday, but it said 일요일/Sunday), which was worth 4 marks.

Next, writing. That could have gone a little bit better - I certainly lost a few marks on silly mistakes which was a little bit annoying. However, I managed to get 9 out of 10 marks on the essay-style question at the end, so that made me feel okay about it. I think the teacher was generous with us.... ^_^

Christmas tree in the KLI lobby~ (well, I needed something to brighten up this post full of text!!)
Listening; again, only a few things that caught me out. Some of the questions were made pretty tricky and I think all of us (or nearly all of us) got the same two wrong so I'm not going to worry too much about it. I managed to get others right that I thought were pretty difficult at the time, so it balanced out.

Lastly, for speaking - this time we had it split for 10 marks to the speech we had to memorise and say in front of class last week and 90 for the interview-style questions with our teacher (like before). I managed to get 9.1/10 for the speech so... yay? I  don't want to do that again in a hurry but I think I have to for finals next semester too.. =____= For the other part, I had fewer mistakes but still said a few things wrong I should have gotten right - no comments on one part of it though! My teacher marked me relatively highly on fluency, accuracy and range of grammar and I think it went better than the mid-terms one.

Overall;
말하기/Speaking = 87
듣기/Listening = 90
쓰기/Writing = 82.4
읽기/Reading = 91.6
which gives me an average of 87.75% for my finals.
Added to the 91% from my mid-terms, my exams make up 80% of my final grade. I'm not sure how they calculate the remaining 20%, if it is only attendance or they factor in homework and class participation somehow, so I don't really know what my overall actual grade will be yet. So far, I've missed 5 hours, so my attendance is high, but I'm also assuming they won't calculate it until after classes have formally finished on Friday. Hopefully it will be up on the website soon so I can see it! In any case, she told us that we've all passed in my class :)

Update; just checked the results they posted and they just marked it as Reading and Listening A's, Writing and Speaking B's with 89 overall and 193 hours attendance (out of 200). Good to know... My teacher also left a comment "조사를 정확하게 사용하기 바람" that hilariously Google translate thinks means "Using the survey accurately the wind". o____O Um, no but... good try? I think it's more; "be more aware of using correct particles" because I usually drop them in my speaking exam (but I'm not entirely sure).

No comments: