Monday 17 November 2014

Epik High concert and Pikachu at Dongdaemun

Just some quick ramblings about this weekend before I forget about it all - it felt like I was busy but really, I wasn't - I just had things to do on both days for a change.

It felt a little like I hardly had time to get excited about Epik High's concert since they announced it so recently! I only bought the tickets three weeks ago because they announced two extra shows, and I went to the Saturday afternoon one with Sam and her friend Stephanie.

The entrance to the venue (bit weird, we had to walk down about 3 stories of stairs after going in...)
It was.... brilliant. We were in standing, and pretty near to the front and although I would have liked to have been a bit more central, I didn't mind because it was boiling hot in there. The ceiling was pretty high up so no benefit of any air-con really. I wasn't that energetic going in but by the time they did High Technology and New Beautiful, I was certainly jumping around with everyone around me. I managed to get really far forwards when Tablo was up on the barriers in front of me and everyone pushed forwards. Definitely glad to have been there and seen them live!! Tukutz also had his son come out on stage during the encore and they were adorable. All in all, it was simply a really fun concert. They did quite a lot of talk segments too which was good - it created a very cool and relaxed atmosphere.

Dongdaemun Design Plaza. The last time I was here, it was a building site!
 For Sunday, I went out to Dongdaemun Design Plaza (along with the half of Seoul who didn't go on Saturday) to see the Pikachu's who came over from Japan for a special weekend. The organisation clearly just... hadn't happened so after everyone basically mobbed them at the first performance on Saturday, the remaining ones were cancelled. There were just 5 of them around the park and museum buildings and you could queue to have a photo with them. I do now regret waiting to get a photo but at the same time..... the queue's were huge and I had no idea of how long I would have to wait.

The one clear shot I got of Pikachu!
Cosplayers~
Instead, I went off exploring a little bit more as I've only been to that area a few times and never found much of interest. I ended up in the shopping centres I would have loved before (back when I wasn't a student and had money....) because there were loads of clothes stalls to look at. I did scout around the children's clothes floor though and find presents for Flynn! So, that was certainly a win. There were so many cute outfits for girls though *sigh* and hardly any for boys... but it was also nice to just browse the women's clothes. I think I walked miles - my feet certainly felt like it when I got home.

So, yeah... that was my weekend!

No comments: